This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Time to Complete F1

Started by Joshua Krieger, November 19, 2016 · 4 Replies · 187 Views

Joshua Krieger

How long would it take to complete F1 in the current system if I started at the beginning and clicked the smiley face every week? I will get there when I get there, and I am already starting to hit 'Just Right' on a few Exercises. I am simply curious, and wanting to set some very rough timeline expectations in my head.

Pauline Taube

Hi Joshua :)

Since the course is based on your performance and abilities, the time for each student to work through it will vary. A student with reasonable athleticism coming in might take a year where a student with mobility deficits and no basic strength might take 18 months. 

Joshua Krieger

Pauline, Thanks for the answer. I was thinking 1-2 years to get to F2. Given how much better I am feeling already, I don't have any trouble with that and I am excited to keep moving through the progressions. 

Let me ask one part of the question a different way: I am on step 7 of PE1 on most progressions. It looks like there are 5 or 6 PEs for each skill in F1. How many steps are in most PEs? For example: If there are 10 per PE, and you progress one per week, it could never be done faster than 60 weeks. 

Everett Carroll

Hey Joshua,

Every progression has 9 steps. Also, as of today, there is a "too easy" smiley face which will creates the potential to greatly speed up progress. 

Cameron Williams

I'm 2.5 years in and still on PE2 on some exercises. I started with a reasonably strong base, but pretty bad mobility. I also have a tall, lanky body, which doesn't exactly make these movements easy :D.

Its kind of a silly answer, but it takes as long as it takes. Just work hard on every set and that's all you can really do.

For me, even though I often feel "stuck" on certain exercises, I'm always improving in one way or another, and my body has changed dramatically. 

Im hoping to be done F1 by the 3 year mark :ph34r:

Best of luck on your GB journey!

Cam