This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Finally (after 20 months) managed Twisting Squats - so happy

Started by Dieter Wichmann, November 18, 2016 · 3 Replies · 238 Views

Dieter Wichmann

Hi folks,

it took me roundabout 20 months but today I was able to execute Twisting Squats the first time :-)

I used the following method:

starting on a 6cm high platform with 1,5KG barbell as a counterbalance, than 1KG, than 0,5KG than no counterbalance

than 5cm with the same weights (1,5KG, 1 KG, 0,5KG, no weight)

than 4 cm... and so on and today the first time from the floor without any counterbalance.

Hope this is useful information for everybody struggling with this exercise-

-Dieter

 

Everett Carroll

Nice job seeing these through Dieter! Thanks for sharing.

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome job Dieter! Way to get after it!

Samuel Tanner
On 18/11/2016 at 6:43 PM, Dieter Wichmann said:

Hi folks,

it took me roundabout 20 months but today I was able to execute Twisting Squats the first time :-)

I used the following method:

starting on a 6cm high platform with 1,5KG barbell as a counterbalance, than 1KG, than 0,5KG than no counterbalance

than 5cm with the same weights (1,5KG, 1 KG, 0,5KG, no weight)

than 4 cm... and so on and today the first time from the floor without any counterbalance.

Hope this is useful information for everybody struggling with this exercise-

-Dieter

 

Thank you for sharing this. I am in the same situation where I can't get off the floor so I will try this sequence.

Thanks

Sam