This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to incorporate previously mastered elements into your training schedule

Started by Kasper Johns, November 18, 2016 · 1 Replies · 160 Views

Kasper Johns

Hi all,

To begin with I'm certain there's a topic somewhere on which elements you should keep doing after you mastered it. Does anyone remember that thread? Typical elements where Xiaopeng, Jefferson Curl, Leg Lifts, Pseudo Planche Pushups etc.

Anyway my question is this: what would be a good way to continue improving these elements without it impairing your current Foundation training? I know a lot of people use previous elements as a warm up. However I'd assume that only at best maintains mastery of that element - at least for strength elements.

Personally I'm doing F7 tue/fri, and I've been trying to do H1 and a few mastered elements on wed/sat. That quickly adds up to another F7 on the second training day, which is beyond my capacity. I've been thinking maybe it's enough to do these once a week, all in one day or split between two days. Thoughts?    

Everett Carroll

Hey Kasper.

Don't overwhelm yourself with attempting to maintain mastery of all of your previously mastered progressions. You have listed the really important ones in your post so keep a set of them in your warmups and call it good. You want to keep progressing to more neuromuscularly challenging progressions; make those your focus. 

Also be certain to not overload your warmup by trying to get in a set of EVERY important movement THAT DAY. Just cycle through them and choose what is relevant to that day's workout. If you overload yourself with too many exercises, you will have a more difficult time making adaptations.