Hi everyone,
Is this form ok for step 1?
Thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Ryan Bailey, November 18, 2016 · 6 Replies · 123 Views
Hi everyone,
Is this form ok for step 1?
Thanks
Hey Ryan,
Overall, really good. Just be sure to get your lower back pressed into the stahls at about the halfway point.
Good point, Thanks for the feedback Everett. After looking at MN PE7, I think I better understand what everyone is talking about regarding needing to get the compression with lower back down at midpoint.
@Ryan Bailey, just a curious question… I am working on this element too, and I just cant lift the booty up, it's so heavy. Did you also struggle with it at first, or you were able to touch the feet up and then just worked on making it smooth and pretty as you show in the video? It's been now 3 weeks I am trying to get that Thing up and I just can't figure out how to fire the right muscles. Grrrrr… curious how your process went. You make it look so easy ![]()
23 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:Hey Ryan,
Overall, really good. Just be sure to get your lower back pressed into the stahls at about the halfway point.
Hey Everett, I practiced what you suggested this morning. Is the form at the halfway point more in line with what you are talking about?
(Btw-Someone thinks these stall bars are for her and seems to enjoy getting in Daddy's way
)
20 hours ago, Suzanna McGee said:@Ryan Bailey, just a curious question… I am working on this element too, and I just cant lift the booty up, it's so heavy. Did you also struggle with it at first, or you were able to touch the feet up and then just worked on making it smooth and pretty as you show in the video? It's been now 3 weeks I am trying to get that Thing up and I just can't figure out how to fire the right muscles. Grrrrr… curious how your process went. You make it look so easy
Thanks Suzanna. Oh ya, I struggled with this. Some things I have done: The occasional increase in volume/frequency of Core training days. I also train press Handstand iM's along with the Manna stage I am currently at. Because of the benefits I have seen progressing through the inverted work, I believe these iM's should be just as popular as the Jefferson Curl. Here is an example of what I do after HLL.
(Again - she turns 1, starts walking more, and thinks she is a big help with the exercise equipment... not so much)
Hey Ryan,
Looking better for sure. Keep that contact all the way through until the bottom. You should have contact through the bottom half of the HLL.
@Ryan Bailey, thanks for the tips. I will add more core in my training. I just finished my 30-day hanging challenge, so maybe I will now do extra core instead. Started already today. I also added the iM and will do it regularly. I stopped doing this one, as I was doing the PE3-iM. This one feels so good, so I will add it after training every day too. Thanks again. I hope I will get my booty up soon. Your girl is awesome. Soon she will be assisting you hanging on the stall bars next to you ![]()