This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2>iM, second try, hands ~4.5' apart

Started by Edward Henigin, November 17, 2016 · 4 Replies · 98 Views

Edward Henigin

I tried the HS/PE2>iM (Static Standing Shoulder Extension with Weighted Bar) on Monday and almost couldn't do it just due to laughter - I was a mile off of proper form. I checked in the forum and read that I should start with my hands wide to achieve proper elevation, then move my hands in closer over time as my strength & flexibility developed. So here's my 2nd try, where I pushed my hands wider in order to achieve full elevation. The pipe is 5', so my hands are probably 4' to 4.5' apart (I'm 6' 3" tall). Whaddaya think?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

I assume that you can lift it up to 90°, with shoulders distance grip , no weight and hold it for 10''.

Am I right?

Edward Henigin
1 minute ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I assume that you can lift it up to 90°, with shoulders distance grip , no weight and hold it for 10''.

Am I right?

Not a prayer :-) with no weight, I'm a little above 45 degrees with hands at shoulder-width.

Alessandro Mainente

If this is the situation you have no reason to work with the weight on the bar.

take off the weight for now and use a grip that allows you to reach the 90° and aim to decrease the grip up to shoulders distance, then you can add weight.

Edward Henigin

Thank you Alessandro, I will do that