This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Chinese Handstand difficulty

Started by Paul Del Casino, November 16, 2016 · 2 Replies · 170 Views

Paul Del Casino

How exactly does one get INTO a Chinese HS to begin with? The video on here doesn't show it. I have a freestanding pull-up bar that's about the right height for just my feet/toes to touch when in a fully extended HS. Kicking up into it usually just results in me crashing over in the other direction and I work out alone so I don't have anyone to help me get up into position. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Christian Nogueira

Try stacking some mats in front of you (in front of where you'll place the hands in the handstand) so you can reach the bar and then carefully step down the hands from the mats.

 

 

Everett Carroll

 Nice advice @Christian Nogueira

I typically can avoid missing the bar if I kick into the HS with locked kneed and strongly pointed  toes. Make sure you are as extended as possible. I place my palms directly under the bar.