This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Just Right or Easy

Started by Antony Stanley-Clarke, November 16, 2016 · 3 Replies · 223 Views

Antony Stanley-Clarke

Just wanting to fine tune my perception of when i am ready to move forward a step in progressions. For the judgement between 'Just Right' and 'Easy' i am asking myself how easy is 'Easy'. Should i be, say for bent hollow body hold, in a state without any lactate burn? Or, having once completed a week of a successful Step, call it 'Easy' and move on. I know in my experience sometimes stretching beyond capacity helps master a lower level. Like training with a weight vest. I'm sure one wouldn't expect to compete at a mastery level with a weight vest. But temporarily training beyond 'normal' capacity can speed up progress at normal capacity. So in essence my question is in optimising how i move forward. So far, i have been using a measure of 'Easy' before moving on. I am not in a state of being able to necessarily breathe easy or not burn but not grappling for the final second either. Is that about right or should i modify? Thanks

Everett Carroll
2 hours ago, Antony Stanley-Clarke said:

I am not in a state of being able to necessarily breathe easy or not burn but not grappling for the final second either.

Sounds good to me!

Julia Quigley

I ask myself if my form was clean to the end and if I feel like I could do more now (with good form!) if I had to do. If the answer to either is no, I stick with "just right."

Antony Stanley-Clarke
19 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Sounds good to me!

So middle of the road it is then. Thanks Everett