Form check

Started by Ian Macleod, November 15, 2016 · 3 Replies · 1,070 Views

Ian Macleod

 Much appreciate any and all critique. 

I don't have access to stall bars at the moment so trying to make due with a pair of monkiiBars and wall. 

Also, have a question. Am I supposed to use the wall for maximal support keeping contact throughout the movement? Or should move the bars like an inch from the wall and do best to avoid using the wall for any support? Or use for support but just enough to progress in the movement?

I know that on stall bars the top bar is fixed, but with these monkiibars the bar/grip is not fixed with the rope so it rotates and does make the exercise a bit more difficult.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

 

Ian

 

Leo Trinidad

Looking good @Ian Macleod, the only problem with your handles is that you can move it (push it forward) and that will make it easier for your shoulders. It is harder for core but at the same time maybe easier for your shoulders. Try it on the stahl bars and feel the difference. ;)

Coach Sommer

Hello Ian,

As you mentioned previously, when using those handles try to remain just clear of the wall while maintaining full shoulder flexion.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Ian Macleod

@Leo Trinidad thanks bud. I will definitely move the handles forward.

@Coach SommerMuch appreciate it. Will work on the shoulder flexion.

 

Regards 

Ian