This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Unconventional Workout Split

Started by Stuart McFarlane, November 14, 2016 · 2 Replies · 117 Views

Stuart McFarlane

Team,

Recently I have been mixing my Foundation workout elements.  I usually do a triplet of exercises each night from different categories.  E.g. Hollow Back Press from Upper Body, Manna from Core and Single Leg Squats from Lower Body.  

I am finding good progression this way.  However I see in the new new interface update coming on 19th November that we have a new workout scheduler where you have to choose the grouped elements, e.g. I want to do core and lower body as a package.  Will there be any way to continue what I have been doing above, mixing elements from different categories?

Do any coaches have any experience of why my style of mixing elements might be disadvantageous as opposed to doing all core one day and all upper body the next day which seems to be the recommended convention?

In any case I am looking forward to the new new interface, lot of hard work going into it.

Stuart

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Stuart the suggested plains are what works for the vast majority of people, you can choose and personalize your week but hold some basic ideas like perform the same workout at least 1 time a week ,2 it is better.

Sarah O'Byrne

I do something similar Stuart.

SL PE 11 and MN PE 9 in the same workout is literally not a possibility for me at this moment!!