This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stall bar substitution

Started by Katherine Zodiaco, November 14, 2016 · 2 Replies · 135 Views

Katherine Zodiaco

Hi all. For those of you without access to a slat wall / stall bars, what equipment are you using? For the beginner movements I am using the side of power cage at my gym. When I reach MN/PE5 I'm going to need something more functional and sturdy (the metal bars roll). 

There is what looks like a set in a playground near my home, do any of you take your workouts to the park? I'm not sure trying to grip wet metal in 20 degree weather is the best workout plan tho....

I appreciate your comments,

Kathy

Luke Searra

Hello Kathy,

For rotating bars (like barbells in rakes as make shift stahl bars), you can get around the bar rotation by usig lifting straps.

 

Katherine Zodiaco

Hi Luke,

Thank you. I'm trying  to picture how to make this work. By lifting straps do you mean those straps that go around your wrist then wrap around the bar?