This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Suggested Readings

Started by Guido Franchetti, November 14, 2016 · 4 Replies · 223 Views

Guido Franchetti

I thought it may be useful to have a list of books/articles suggested/approved by Jeff in one place. I am sure he recommended

"Good calories bad calories" and "Why we get fat" by Gary Taubes

somewhere in the forum.

I have been suggested "Advanced sport nutrition" by Benardot, any opinions on this one?
 

Matic Balantic

I red it a while ago. It was an interesting read. He prefers carbs as fuel which was a bit different then other nutrition books I read at the time which were more low carb advocates. I think it is always good to get some different perspectives :) 

Sam Andersen

I have recently started that book as well.  I find it very interesting.  The part he talked about how most of the sugar we eat turns into fat was news to me.  I am sure there will be many such cases where my eyes will be opened to what is really going on. 

Jeff Serven

What I really like about that book is the Author just tells you the facts of differs fatty acids. He doesn't put his own spin on it. 

 

Nice Ryan, in the tree stand.