Firstly Hello I've lerked for a while but am now asking for some help ![]()
Well 4 years ago, I broke both my wrists whilest performing agressive inline skating ( a rather large over rotated frontflip onto my hands)
I ended up breaking the scaphoids of both my wrists. As a 14 year old lad I simply ignored the pain and put it down to a sprain and ignored both wrists for 3 years.
As Im right handed, over use ended up me getting it diagnosed in the hospital and after 2 opperations including a bone graft it is now fully healed, but I didnt find out about my left untill last october.
Now I have spoke to the best wrist specialists in the country and put simply 4 years of heavy use on this bone has caused it to adapt itself into two indervidual working bones but the necrosis in them is obviously very painfull.
I have been performing reletivly high level self tought tumbling for 3 plus years now and am comfotable with moves like RO BHS Double backs and am currently working on Full in back out. There for my wrist does not impead me much apart from Handbalencing.
To the main point.
After 2 years of persistant practice I can sometimes perform a Handstand, mabey 1/2 the time. These handstands are not very long (prehaps 10 secs) but my form is good.
Now I have started to work on wall handstands and really build up my shoulder girdel strength and basicly aquire a greater handstand ability but my wrists are starting to really hurt when i handstand now because I have correct form ( complete flexation of my wrists)
Simply I would like to know what exersizes I could add to my training which will either numb me to the pain (not the greatist idea obvs but better than nothing) or something which i can train my wrists to get used to the possition or become atleast more comfotable.
Thankyou very much for your help, any input is great thankyou ![]()
I will be posting videos and pictures very soon ![]()
Rick Harris