This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Starting out - how to follow?

Started by Paul Richardson, November 13, 2016 · 2 Replies · 104 Views

Paul Richardson

Hi all,

 

Just purchased fundamentals and I'm getting started with it. I couldn't see anything in the workout notes, so I'm just wondering what is the best way to follow the course?

 

Do I just follow the new exercise each day and progress through the course. Or, do I continue until I reach a sticking point.. and then repeat earlier days to try and free up my mobility? (I heard a podcast where backtracking like this was mentioned).

 

Also is there any special equipment I might need for the course?

 

Thanks!

-Paul

Everett Carroll

Hello and welcome Paul!

Great questions. You will not need any special equipment for Fundamentals. The best way to work through it is to complete each new lesson and simply take note of any areas that need extra work. This course is an introduction to the rest of the GB curriculum. Beginning courses like Foundation One and stretch immediately upon the completion of Fundamentals is the best way to continue working on your sticking points.

As you progress through Fundamentals, you can refresh on lessons that gave you particular trouble. It is not worth holding yourself back, however. I suggest warming up with 5-10 minutes of light cardio and a couple of your favorite movements from previous lessons. At the end of this course, you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to begin more seriously addressing your deficiencies.   

If you have any other questions, please let us know. Enjoy the course!

Paul Richardson

Ok awesome, thank you for the detailed reply! :) Looking forward to getting started!