This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Deload and rest

Started by Jonas Berglund, November 13, 2016 · 1 Replies · 107 Views

Jonas Berglund

Hi, I was looking for a main stretch thread since this goes for all 3 of the gb stretch courses. Should we take deload weeks/days from stretching? 

Another question, is it ok to stretch when sick? Or semi-sick?

 

(I'm currently doing all 3 Gb stretch courses once per week)

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Jonas,

Great questions! As long as you aren't stretching too hard, you shouldn't need to deload stretch sessions. I always know I am stretching at the perfect intensity when I can repeatedly perform the same courses at the same point in each weeks schedule.

If I am sick, I typically perform more of a light limber a couple times per day. I tone it way down when ill and try to recover as quickly as possible. I have no interest in working harder than a light limber because I'd rather recover quicker and get back to my normal schedule.