Rebounders

Started by Ryan Libke, January 12, 2010 · 1 Replies · 2,216 Views

Ryan Libke

I have been curious about rebounders of late. They appear to offer a form of cardiovascular conditioning that has less impact on the body than other forms of training, such as running. I continue to search for what I would call recovery workouts, i.e. those I might do on non-strength training days, that get the heart going without wearing the body down too much. Since I have an office job, I need to get some form of exercise almost everyday, but I can't take intense exercise at that frequency. Rebounders look like fun, especially on winter days when you can't get outside to play.

Any thoughts?

Blairbob

Find out by trying.

I think for non training days, I should be able to work HS stuff possibly depending. Since it's more than likely at home, I'm sure I can work wall HS, presses possibly (or with the wall) or wall runs.

For non training days? I'm thinking jump rope, a light jog, light metcon stuff (kb/db stuff). TaiChi or something like that Scott Sonnon moving yoga or basic calesthenics (remember grade school PE?)

I could also probably just do my warmup and add in some stuff like light deck squat or SLS sets. I've yet to try doing plyo's or sprints on my off days but that's usually because my hammies are tight and crushed.