This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Playing with frog stand

Started by Guido Franchetti, November 12, 2016 · 5 Replies · 222 Views

Guido Franchetti

I think the frog stand is covered in F2, but I have started just playing with it on top of my F1 work. I am thinking of the basic frog stand (also known as crow pose) with bent arms.

I have noticed that there are two possible ways of doing this:
1) knees above the elbows, but slightly outside, like in this picture

How-Do-You-Do-Crow-Pose-Without-Your-Kne

Or knee on the triceps, not outside, like in this picture

3-Moves-to-Master-Crow-Pose.jpg

(the second seems more advanced with more compression, but I am only wondering about the knee position).

Which one is preferable to practice, has more transfers to advanced variations, etc?

Thanks!

Guido Franchetti

Bump (I hope my question is appropriate even if not about an F1 element, as it is nothing very specific. Apologies if otherwise.)

Bas Albinus

Not a pro in this either and definitely not a yogi but either stance is fine from mpov - as long as you don't rest your knees/legs on your arms at any time.

Guido Franchetti

Isn't that the point of bending the elbows in the basic frog stance?

Jon Douglas
2 hours ago, Guido Franchetti said:

Isn't that the point of bending the elbows in the basic frog stance?

Yes, it is :) Think Bas was thinking of a particular F2 element.

Speaking strictly about knee position, the second version represents a cleaner, slightly harder version that we would require if it were to come up slightly later in the F series ^_^ but working up to it with knees outside elbows is fine.

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Jon!