This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lower Back Pain with hollow body/lsits

Started by Halggi Halfgi, November 10, 2016 · 2 Replies · 173 Views

Halggi Halfgi

When I hold the hollow body position for more than around 10 seconds I get an ache/pain in my lower back even though my lower back is firmly on the ground for this exercise.

Also when I do moves related to L-sits my lower back feels the same pain. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas on what may be causing this and how I can fix it. From browsing other threads I think it may be related to lack of mobility in my legs but I am not sure.

Everett Carroll

Hi Halggi,

I suggest seeing a physio/chiropractor about this issue as soon as possible. 

Coach Sommer

Hello Halggi,

The hollow body variation you are attempting is too advanced for you.   My recommendation is to restart your FL series all the way back to PE1.  

This will accomplish three things:

1) Allow your core to recover.

2) Allow your hollow body strength gains to stabilize.

3) Allow you to refine and improve your hollow body position.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer