This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE/iM 1 master check

Started by Jason Berger, November 9, 2016 · 3 Replies · 81 Views

Jason Berger

Hey guys, so now that the RC/PE1 has changed and I expect to pass it shortly I've decided to started submitting videos for mastery to move on to PE/iM 2.

Here's my mastery attempt. You'll see my feet drop a few times; that's me testing if they're hovering over the floor because I know that positionging my thighs at 90 degrees to the floor will make the hold easier, which I've been studiously avoiding by keeping my feet low and my thighs somewhere between 45-90 degrees.

I got the okay on my form from a form check video I posted awhile ago. I might seem really curled, but I have a significant kyphosis problem I'm working to fix. I got the go-ahead on my form a long time ago and it's only gotten better since then, so keep that in mind when you're looking at the way my upper back is rounded.

 

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Everett Carroll

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the submission! Here are my suggestions:

PE:

-Try to be still. Lock in your position and stick to it.

-Point your toes down towards the floor.

-As the sets went on, you began to tuck your knees in closer towards your chest. The hip angle you started the first set with was great. This is a common way people subconsciously make the hold easier so watch out for those knees creeping in!

iM:

-Give extra attention to the cow portion of cat cow. I'm sure your aware of the tightness in this position if you are working on your kyphotic upper back. Really try to feel your shoulder blades come together as your shoulders come back. You are doing great! These issues take time to fix so keep working hard Jason. 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Jason,

Way to get after it! It looks pretty good. As you got more tired, the feet started to lift a little bit too high off the ground. I would like to see another attempt where your feet hover just off the ground throughout all of your sets. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Jason Berger

Thanks for the replies, guys! I will attempt it again in the next two weeks.