This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Valgus knees, foot position/width

Started by Leonhard Krahé, November 9, 2016 · 0 Replies · 39 Views

Leonhard Krahé

Hi everyone,

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right subforum. This is something I have been wondering about for some time now. I have very slight valgus knees. Nothing problematic in everyday life but in most of the exercises and stretches throughout the GB curriculum that are supposed to be performed with feet together, I feel very awkward and restricted because essentially my knees are rubbing or pressing against each other, making the movement awkward and uncomfortable or restricting my ROM.
One example would be all sorts of pike where one knee always ends up somewhat in front of the other, making it harder than I think it should be to fully and symmetrically lock the knees. Another would be SL/PE1>iM where the movement becomes very jerky .
I have the hope that eventually my bones will adapt to a degree. However, how do I proceed in the meantime? Is it acceptable to have the feet slightly apart, just enough so the knees don't touch?

I apologise if this question has been answered elsewhere before, my own search did not turn up anything.

Thanks in advance!

 

Leo