This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pseudo planche pushup

Started by Marcus Patterson, November 9, 2016 · 4 Replies · 144 Views

Marcus Patterson

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Marcus, the first rep begins in the wrong way, the leaning position must be reached by sliding the feet and not by holding the feet in the same position, inf act you lose the protraction immediately. the following reps are good since you recovered the position. keep the heels together,

Marcus Patterson

I see what you mean, thanks I will work on that. Good to hear all good apart from that!

David Boyle

Sorry for hijacking this post but I do PPPs using the same technique as Marcus - by leaning forward up on to the top of my toes.

I find it difficult to slide into the desired position because that causes more weight to go on to the front of my toes. This causes a lot of discomfort as my feet are not flexible enough to have have much weight on the front of my toes. Does anyone else have this problem? Any stretches or exercises to improve this?

Everett Carroll

Hi David,

The first 10 minutes of the front split stretch series works on this exact issue. I highly recommend it.