This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE4 & im Form Check

Started by Johan Tideland, November 8, 2016 · 6 Replies · 116 Views

Johan Tideland

Hello, just started working on this one and I want to make sure my form is good. I have to say that it is quite scary at first to do this one since I put a lot of weight on one stall bar rung and I made the stall bars myself. It should theoretically be no problem, I made stall bars strong and sturdy but it is still the first real test they get put through. 

PE https://youtu.be/0JebH8bbvHs

im https://youtu.be/GScCcf9DFIQ

sorry if there are some strange noises on the im video, I am filming on my computers webcam since I do not have a camera and the computer seems to pick up strange noses of ...well itself I think.

Thanks

Johan

Alessandro Mainente

Hi JOhan, follow my suggestions:

PE) move the feet one pole higher so that they can be at hips level, you can consider to lock the heel under the pole

IM)it is better on your right side, stay there for a couple  of weeks more. maybe adding one more set of IM on the left side.

Johan Tideland

Hello again

On the PE I tried to move my feet up one pole but I failed over and over again, I could not straighten my legs because it would lead to me slipping out of the backstrap. I experimented with different lengths of the backstrap but could not get it to work. I really did not expect it to be that hard. In the end I gave up on the backstrap and had to modify it, this is what I came up with https://youtu.be/Yj2vaJ9znJI

I feel like I lack ROM and it is definitely more of a challenge with this setup.

Is my setup and form ok? do I need to improve anything?

If you have any pointers on how to anchor the feet in the best way I would be happy to hear it.

Thanks 

Johan

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Johan,

I like the setup. Points for creativity haha! But the setup and the form look good. Awesome job!

Elias Lehtinen

Hi Johan,

Have you tried to put your feet between the rungs on to the wall?

Here's my form check video for you to check what I mean :). 

Johan Tideland

Hi Elias, thank you for that tip, I will try it. my problem with the backstrap has been that when I straighten my legs the backstrap moves away from my hips towards my knees and I just fall out of it, however I will try it wit a folded towel or blanket like you do, it might give more friction.

And thank you for the feedback Jeffrey!

 

Michael Tolles

Johan

What I have is a dip belt called brutte belt. The belt straps around your waist and has different places to hook into and this will not slid down legs. check it out on internet. it might give you an idea on even making your own. I just tthought that also you can put a strap in the rings that attach too your waist belt that you are using and tighten down some behind back which will tighten it around your waist, this will also prevent slipping. Michael