This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stall bar bottom rung height from floor for GHR

Started by Dexter Goh, November 8, 2016 · 2 Replies · 80 Views

Dexter Goh

Hi all,

I finally decided to get my own set of stall bars. I would like to ask if anyone has them specially made so that they are able to do glute ham raises by jamming their ankles under the bottom rung. If so, what is the distance needed from the bottom rung to the floor?

Thank you in advance :)

Everett Carroll

Hey Dexter,

I always use two mats wrapped around the rung a couple of times. I just adjust the mats so that it feels comfortable during the movement and the thickness of the two mats folded over works for my stahl bars and dimensions. 

Kai Ewert

I'd say don't worry too much about the exact height. Everett's nice idea already allows for some adjustment, and you could also add a mat below. I made sure I would have low rungs on my stall bars but in the end never used them for the glute ham raises. That's because I made the setup shown in this video:

It was very cheap and easy to make. Just make sure you get one of those good straps like ring straps with a metal buckle, not a D-type plastic buckle which will slip. 

Lastly, here is someone doing them on the stall bars, maybe you could use this to guestimate the height you want for the lowest bar: