This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rep count for Cossacks and twisting squats

Started by Cameron Williams, November 7, 2016 · 15 Replies · 356 Views

Cameron Williams

Just to confirm:

Rep count for Cossacks is 10 total (5 per side)?

And I notice the rep count for twisting squats has gone down to 4 - again, is this per side or total?

Lastly, @Cory Fair - for exercises where there are two sides (iM's and PE's) - is it possible to just make a note on the exercise page whether it's total reps or per side? I understand that many of the exercises have follow along videos now, but for the ones that don't, I think this would help clarify things.

Thanks,

Cam

Everett Carroll

Hey Cam,

That is correct for Coassack Squats. I'm not sure about twisting squats but I've always done 10r. @Tanya Hill, do you know?

We have a list of needed @ symbols and it shouldn't be too much longer before the new features and course fixes are up. Thanks for hanging in there.

Cameron Williams

Ok great.

Thanks very much!

Ralph Palutke

Bump :)

Cameron Williams

Anyone on twisting squat reps?

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
On 11/7/2016 at 10:58 AM, Cameron Williams said:

Just to confirm:

Rep count for Cossacks is 10 total (5 per side)?

And I notice the rep count for twisting squats has gone down to 4 - again, is this per side or total?

Lastly, @Cory Fair - for exercises where there are two sides (iM's and PE's) - is it possible to just make a note on the exercise page whether it's total reps or per side? I understand that many of the exercises have follow along videos now, but for the ones that don't, I think this would help clarify things.

Thanks,

Cam

 

This would be great, I second this. 

Leo Trinidad

I have always done twisting squats 5 reps per side. For the mean time do not worry to much about the reps and keep working on it. Getting the tempo and proper form is more important than reps. :)

Kai Ewert

Second Leo on number of reps (just do 5 ea side, they are not that tiring, and for years that was "the one and only way" hahaha. Just do it.

Jon Douglas

Same, I just count up to 10 alternating.

Riku Calderón

Came to forum just to find this info. Not pleased that people just agrees to something rather than real answer.

Nothing to do but suffer like an OCD person :D

Everett Carroll

Hey Riku,

The follow along video will handle counting reps for you. 

Andrew Long

as this element has moved to F2 it does not have a follow along video.  It was always a total of 10 reps or 5 each direction in the past how ever I dont know if that has changed as it says 5 now when I look at it and there have been many other changes to exercise reps and time. Perhaps someone who knows for sure could chime in.  in the meantime id probably stick to the original 10 in total for twisting squats assuming you can handle them with good form.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Andrew, if it was 10 reps total then it is 5 on each direction of twist.

Edward Henigin

Old thread but it comes up in search results for "counting reps"

Can someone confirm or summarize the official answer, as simply as possible?

Step 2 of SLS/PE6 Cossack Squat says "5x2r". Is that 5 sets of 1 rep per leg? SLS/PE6>iM says "5x5r@". 5 sets of 5 reps per direction?

Thank you

Everett Carroll
2 hours ago, Edward Henigin said:

Is that 5 sets of 1 rep per leg?

Yes

2 hours ago, Edward Henigin said:

5 sets of 5 reps per direction?

Yes

If you see an @ symbol, that means "per side". If not, it's total, between the two sides. 

Sean Schade

I guess I should read the instructions closer. I just finished step 9, and have been doing 10 reps per side on Cossacks. At least it will make the side to side squats easier.