This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hamstring pain - front leg stretch

Started by Gregory Ferenstein, November 7, 2016 · 2 Replies · 118 Views

Gregory Ferenstein

I'm having difficulty making progress on my front split, because of hamstring the pain the day after. Anytime I stretch my hamstrings, especially in a modified front split form (like with a knee on the ground and my other leg stretch straight with heel on the ground). If i do calf raises before, I feel less pain in my hamstrings and am able to stretch a little further, but not much. I've tried mobility (rolling out my glutes and calves), but nothing seems to work. 

Thanks for any help!

Pauline Taube

Hi Gregory,

I recommend not to stretch to the point of pain. If you do feel pain during and after stretching (besides soreness) I would consider to see a physio or other medical professional. They will be able to tell you what is wrong and how to solve the problem. 

Coach Sommer

Hi Gregory,

Simple solution.  You are stretching too intensely.  Ease off and adjust your workout accordingly.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer