Advanced Tuck Planche check form

Started by Vasyl Havrylyuk, November 6, 2016 · 8 Replies · 2,133 Views

Vasyl Havrylyuk

Hello my friends , this is my first post, I'm not quite sure where to go so I put it here, I have a question, a few months ago I began to get progressions planche and currently my the advanced tuck planche is as in the video you will see more below, my question is, is it correct the technique? or I would climb more my hips? or lock more the core?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, ;)

Tanya Hill

Wow Vasyl them finger tips are strong. ;) 

@Everett Carroll Do you have any recommendations for Vasyl?

Everett Carroll

Hi Vasyl,

Thanks for posting! To strengthen those positions, you could work on more protraction. The Foundation series, specifically Foundation One, has planche progressions that will help you develop better strength in this position. Through the Foundation courses, you will also develop the necessary mobility to eventually open into a proper straddle planche.

Vasyl Havrylyuk

Thanks buddies! From tomorrow I'll put into practice the exercises of Foundation Series, at present I get to do the straddle planche but I've seen I need to improve my advanced tuck, so I keep training hard!

thanks! :)

Alessandro Mainente

The non-finger tips variation it is a bit low.

My personal suggestion it is to  avoid premature work in fingers since it could lead to elbow capsule tightness.  

Vasyl Havrylyuk
21 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The non-finger tips variation it is a bit low.

My personal suggestion it is to  avoid premature work in fingers since it could lead to elbow capsule tightness.  

Thanks for the answer Alessandro!, I work on fingers do occasionally (not too much) to go slowly and beefing them to do at some future something like this:

From what I've seen of Foundation One I have to improve my Planche Lean, so here I go :D

Regards!

Alessandro Mainente

If you look carefully to this guy you will notice that sometime he uses some straps around the elbow just under the elbow, this is a typical sign of elbow capsule alterations. not a good idea.

Charlie Martin
On 08/11/2016 at 8:47 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

If you look carefully to this guy you will notice that sometime he uses some straps around the elbow just under the elbow, this is a typical sign of elbow capsule alterations. not a good idea.

How would you recommend building up to the finger progressions?

Alessandro Mainente

That's not an argument which I cover on general forum and with athletes of which I know no history, workouts etc.