This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Forearm Headstand (HS/PE3) difficulties

Started by James Staudte, November 6, 2016 · 4 Replies · 315 Views

James Staudte

I’m having trouble moving to the Forearm Headstand (HS/PE3) progression.  I completed the previous step and could hold the Forearm Headstand (HS/PE3) for the prescribed 60s.  But I can’t seem to get into and hold a Forearm Headstand for more than 1-2 seconds.  Are there any intermediate steps or suggestions?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi James,

Great question! PE3 is going to be extremely hard to master if PE2 was not performed correctly. I would recommend sending in a video of yourself doing both PE2 and PE3 to video review. That way we can give you personalized coaching to help you improve on this exercise.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Several years ago, when I started doing HS/PE3, for yoga, I used to tuck my knees into my chest before straightening my legs upwardly. After a little while my lower back became strong enough to lift my straight legs without tucking knees first.

Chad Moffitt

I'm just a beginner but these things helped me:

  • Pointing toes
  • Tight legs and butt
  • Trying to touch the ceiling with my toes, stretching upward.

I found that increased stability a lot.  Also starting doing them against a wall for support...My 2¢

Jeffrey Bittner

@Chad Moffitt Great suggestions!