How does my form look? I've compared my video to the course videos and can't tell if I'm slouching near the end of the ROM.
Thanks in advance for the help!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Brandon Voss, November 5, 2016 · 3 Replies · 67 Views
How does my form look? I've compared my video to the course videos and can't tell if I'm slouching near the end of the ROM.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Hi Brandon,
You're doing a pretty good job. On a few of your reps it looked like you were reaching for the ground with your arms by moving the shoulder forward (slouching as you put it) instead of twisting through the spine. Focus on keeping your spine straight as you do your twist. There should be no hunch in the back.
Jeffrey, thanks for the advice. I'm not sure how to put this, but I've noticed that during the twist, at the end I feel like I run out of room. Is this an issue that clears up with emphasizing the last few inches of ROM?
Hi Brandon,
Because this is a new movement that your body is trying to learn, it will take some time and practice to get it right. Emphasizing the last few inches, like you said, will help with this. Also, the iM for this exercise will help you get the full ROM needed for this exercise and those that follow.