Outside of the jerkiness and tempo of the movement, how is my range of motion? I am dealing with some stiffness but am trying to keep maximal compression at the top of the movement.
Thanks in advance for the help!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Brandon Voss, November 5, 2016 · 3 Replies · 64 Views
Outside of the jerkiness and tempo of the movement, how is my range of motion? I am dealing with some stiffness but am trying to keep maximal compression at the top of the movement.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Hi Brandon,
Not bad. It looks like you are really focusing on doing things correctly. Way to go! Like you said, keep working on smoothing things out. On a few of your reps it looks like you could get the knees and chest a bit closer together. Over all, it looks like you're doing a nice job. Keep it up!
Hi Brandon.
I've been working these for a while and discovered last week its fine to touch your hands to the ground at the top of the rep. I queried it and Alessandro, one of the coaches, said its absolutely fine to do this. My reps were jerky at the top, probably because of trying to balance and compress. Touching hands at the top has helped stop this.
Jeffrey, thanks for the replies on my three posts, I really appreciate it. Good to hear Im on the right track.
Greg, I'll have to give that a try. Balance at the top of the rep is an issue for me, hands on the floor should help.