This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Current plan of attack

Started by Ryan Segervall, November 5, 2016 · 1 Replies · 101 Views

Ryan Segervall

Hello all, 

as I've stated in other posts I am still recovering from some bilateral golfers elbow and am still being patient with the rehab before beginning any upper body strength work. My doc said it was fine for me to train core and legs so in the mean time I am going to start on core, legs and lower body stretch series w/ some light extension work mixed in (being sure to go easy on the elbows). 

I just thought I would throw my current plan of attack by the well knowledge members of this forum and see what your guys' thoughts were. 

 

Schedule 

MWF : Core + Lower body

Tu: Front Split 

Thur: Middle Split 

Sat: Light shoulder extension work

 

Also I tested some of the exercises in F1 to see if I could pass out of some of them, I made sure to keep proper tempo and form throughout with rest periods no longer than the paired mobility in between sets. I took video footage of myself at the gym and compared them to the follow along videos to confirm I was following proper tempo/form. 

* I was able to pass SLS/PE1-3 easily but lacked dorsi flexion to be able to do PE5, so currently I am using two matts on SLS/PE4 until my ankle mobility catches up. I have the strength and endurance to be able to 4x10r, is this considered mastery? On the foundations 1 page it say 4x10r under the picture for SLS/PE4 I was wondering if this was considered mastery for that specific exercise.

**** Perhaps add in another Lower Body exercise that has high enough load to maintain or increase current strength levels while ankle mobility catches up, (I am a skier so leg strength is important)?

Core

* I managed to get 5x24s on FL/PE1 (bent hollow body hold)

*passed SL/PE1 and was able to get 4x9 high quality reps on SL/PE2 (twisting side plank)  

* For MN/PE1 I was able to get 4x12 high quality reps (Tuck ups) 

 

For all of these I am using the following progression scheme ( I believe this is the mastery template I am supposed to follow) 

Isomertrics / repetition  

Week1: 3x12s / 3x3r

Week2:5x12s / 5 x 3r 

Week3:3x24s / 3x6r

Week4(deload):3x12s / 3x3r

Week5: 4x24s / 4x6r

Week6: 4x36s / 4x9r

Week7: 5x36s / 5x9r

Week8(deload): 5x18s / 5x5r

Week9:4x48s / 4x12r

Week10: 4x60s / 4x15r

Week11: 5x60s / 5x15r

week12( deload): 5x30s / 5x8r 

 

*** as for the follow along videos is there any way to have them move up faster to catch up to my current level of strength? As of right now the prescribed workouts are very very easy. It would be nice to be able to follow them and have the system progress me along, but if its going to take 12 weeks for the system to catch up then this is slightly discouraging. Again this is only my first week using the F1 system. I marked all the workouts as easy to see how far they progress me forward. Any comments on this topic would be appreciated. 

 

Anyways, sorry for the lengthy post, but if there are any comments, or advice with my current plan I would greatly appreciate your input. 

 

Thanks, 

Ryan Segervall

Everett Carroll

Hey Ryan,

Great questions! It is best for you to be using the follow along workouts and the workout planner as your training guide. If you put in a support ticket, we can help you get on the correct steps and progressions in your planner and follow along workouts. 

This will help prevent confusion on things like step 9 (mastery) of SLS progressions and deload. The mastery for SLS/PE4 is 5x10r and deload has been removed for beginner students. Your weekly schedule looks great so keep working with your doctor to safely workout around your specific limititations. We will get the rest of the issues sorted out on the support side; we're looking forward to getting your planner all setup and organized.