This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE1 and Im

Started by Joshua Hibbert, November 5, 2016 · 3 Replies · 73 Views

Joshua Hibbert

Can you see if I am using the correct form.

Cheers

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Joshua, well the PE it is good, the IM must be revisited. as you can notice from the course video, the upperbody it is almost vertical with the knees more flexed.

Iain McLean

Make sure the pull up bar is safely anchored.  Watching this I'm scared that it might give way any second.  Would it be safer doing rows on the other side of the door way so that the force will keep the bar pressed into the door jamb as opposed to it lifting off?

Regarding the IM, I envision myself in more of a squatted position as Alessandro mentioned.

Joshua Hibbert
5 hours ago, Iain McLean said:

Make sure the pull up bar is safely anchored.  Watching this I'm scared that it might give way any second.  Would it be safer doing rows on the other side of the door way so that the force will keep the bar pressed into the door jamb as opposed to it lifting off?

Regarding the IM, I envision myself in more of a squatted position as Alessandro mentioned.

Thanks for the concern Iain, I just did it that way for the purpose of the video.  I do usually do it the other way but due to wardrobes I don't have enough space to get the whole movement in.

20 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Joshua, well the PE it is good, the IM must be revisited. as you can notice from the course video, the upperbody it is almost vertical with the knees more flexed.

Thanks for the pointers.  I will work on them.  I still get a massive stretch along my lats and kind of thought that it was doing the required movement.  There's probably other things that its working too.