This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Huge weakness for me post labrum tear/surgery

Started by Lindsay Blamire, November 5, 2016 · 2 Replies · 84 Views

Lindsay Blamire

This series is definitely picking up on my big weakness - about two years ago I had a torn labrum repairs. In the time since I have actually worked to strengthen and "tighten up" my hips to avoid repeated injury.

My adductors are still totally weak (the wall middle split pull legs together is incredibly hard, I am shaking during every active stretching this series). 

This series feels SO GOOD on releasing the tightness. I know we are only supposed to do it once/week. However, are there a few exercises I can use for in-between since this is my weakness? I don't want to over do anything, rather than keep the "my hips feel so awesome" after this workout feeling through the week.

Thanks!

Lindsay

Tanya Hill

Hi Lindsay, 

Glad to hear you found the perfect solution for your hips. ;) I personally love this course, I do the full course once a week and during the week I pick two stretched from the course and work on them through out the week to keep the hips feeling amazing. Definitely want to make sure you are balancing flexibility with strength. 

Have a lovely weekend. Cant wait to see pictures of your progress. 

Lindsay Blamire

Tanya - I have been doing frog most days and a few other things as "warm up" before power yoga. In just three weeks I am noticing HUGE differences in how I feel!