This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What is after Step 9

Started by Jerry Howard, November 4, 2016 · 9 Replies · 268 Views

Jerry Howard

I am curious. What happens once you reach step 9. Do a new set of exercises get introduced? 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jerry , after the step 9 in the programming you have successfully completed the current element and you will be introduced to the following.

Jerry Howard

the following? I am not seeing anything after your statement

Everett Carroll

Hey Jerry,

You will be progressed to the following exercise and mobility. For example, if you just completed step 9 of FL/PE1, then you will advance to step 1 of FL/PE2 next.

David El Achkar

@Everett if step 1 of the next exercise is really easy, should we stick to the prescribed set/reps or aim to go higher? I only started F1/F2 recently, and while it does take me a few weeks to reach mastery on the exercises I'm currently on, once I switch to the next exercise, I've been able to comfortably start at step 7 (on average) and work my way up from there. (saving me 2-4 weeks depending on number of workouts per week).

Basically, what I do is automatically go up to the step that adequately challenges me while maintaining good form. Is that ok?

Everett Carroll
2 hours ago, David El Achkar said:

if step 1 of the next exercise is really easy, should we stick to the prescribed set/reps or aim to go higher?

Hey David,

Stick with what is prescribed and use that step to get accustomed to the execution of the new movements. If you feel like doing extra training, add in more mobility to the end of the workout.

Natawat Thanomsat

Regarding progressing to the next PE, is it mandatory to post a form check of the previous PE/Step 9 to get an approval?

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Natawat Thanomsat,

It is not mandatory to post a form check of the previous PE. When you have doubts about the form then thats the time you submit. But always remember that progressing without mastery will lead into quick plateau and will eventually lead you back to the progression with deficits.

Greg White
3 hours ago, Natawat Thanomsat said:

Regarding progressing to the next PE, is it mandatory to post a form check of the previous PE/Step 9 to get an approval?

 @Natawat ThanomsatIn addition to Leo's comment I'd say that it's best practice to post form checks well before you think you are near mastery. No point in getting to (perceived) mastery then posting a form check to be told your form needs a lot of work.

Which is something I've been guilty of. :huh:

Everett Carroll

Good advice from Greg. You want to perfect for as soon as possible. Send us some videos NT! That's what we're here for.