I filmed my progress with the straddle planche tonight and noticed something that I do not see in the demo video. My lower back is arched and not rounded. Any thoughts on this or the move in general?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jon Thornham, November 4, 2016 · 6 Replies · 128 Views
I filmed my progress with the straddle planche tonight and noticed something that I do not see in the demo video. My lower back is arched and not rounded. Any thoughts on this or the move in general?
Hi Jon,
Good question. It is important that the back doesn't arch during this exercise. Having a flat back is okay, but do not let it extend past straight. The arch in your back and slack in the shoulders is also causing your hips to rise above your head. Be sure not to let the hips rise above the shoulders as it will no longer be a planche. Keep working on it!
42 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Hi Jon,
Good question. It is important that the back doesn't arch during this exercise. Having a flat back is okay, but do not let it extend past straight. The arch in your back and slack in the shoulders is also causing your hips to rise above your head. Be sure not to let the hips rise above the shoulders as it will no longer be a planche. Keep working on it!
Thanks for the response. Do you mind elaborating on "slack in the shoulders"?
@Jon Thornham Be careful not to let the shoulders retract. It is important to maintain protraction.
52 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:@Jon Thornham Be careful not to let the shoulders retract. It is important to maintain protraction.
Excellent. Thanks.
Hi Jon, position must be completely revisited:
-fix protraction
-fix posterior pelvic tilt
-fix hips height
-fix hips opening (i mean more straddle).
Thanks Alessandro. I will revisit this.