This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Negative hanging leg raise equipment issue

Started by Marcus Patterson, November 3, 2016 · 4 Replies · 159 Views

Marcus Patterson

So in my gym they do have stall bars, however instead of the top bar protruding forward  and the rest being slightly set back to make it slightly easier to get into the pike, my bars also have one random bar also set forward where my back would be, making it the same level as my hands and very difficult to get into position.

 

Secondly is it normal for your shoulders (armpits side) to hurt when trying to get into position??

Luzian Scherrer

Mine looks like this https://pimage.sport-thieme.ch/detail-scale/122-6573 with the top most and also the third bar from the top protruded. I never really understood the purpose of that setup, but for the HLLs using the third bar from the top works pretty well. Don't you have the same setup?

I'm no reference at all, but just for the record my shoulders do not hurt when trying to get into position.

Marcus Patterson

Same set up however mine lower one is a lot lower down, and so to do the 10 seconds drop I would hit the floor too soon.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Marcus, can you please post a video of your form so that I can see if it is possible to adjust the equipment?

Marcus Patterson
On 11/3/2016 at 10:08 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Marcus, can you please post a video of your form so that I can see if it is possible to adjust the equipment?

Think I got this now, I asked a member of staff to push my feet to the bars to start, as I am a few inches from tocuhing.  I will try film it and put it up here.