This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Phillip's Log

Started by Phillip Griego, November 2, 2016 · 5 Replies · 15 Views

Phillip Griego

Day 1 November 1st: Crab & Ape
Time: Morning
Crab is very difficult, keep trying. Ape - can do successfully but not smoothly.

Day 2, November 2nd: Body Orientation
Time: Night
Rear support - cannot get feet flat or make a straight line. Supine - shoulders are tight, easier with bent elbows

Day 3, November 3rd: Wrist Mobility
Time: Morning

  • Lesson 1 (followed video 1 time)
  • Lesson 2 (followed video 1 time)
  • Lesson 3 (followed video 1 time)

Back of hands - cannot straighten elbows, especially fingers facing knees. Overall I'm very tight.

Phillip Griego

Day 4, November 4th: Body Positions

Straight - I have to bend my arms in, in order to close the gap of my lower back.

Tuck - seems like I got it well, just need to focus on keep on my back straight, a bad habit to round forward.

Straddle - most discomfort comes from the knees.

Pike - I got it well, focus on straight back and try to get knees as low as possible.

Phillip Griego

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!

I missed day 5 and day 7 (Day 6 is a rest day) so I did all 3 today.

I did day 5 and day 7 in the morning and day 8 at night.

Lesson 7: Frog and Stiff Bear
Frog - not very hard, focus on keeping knees and feet alined. Stiff Bear - Just like in the common issues, I had to keep my feet off the ground to lock my knees and kept my hands flat.

 

Lesson 8: Rotation of the Torso
I found rotating to the left harder than to the right while on the wall. While laying down I can get about halfway down on both sides before the shoulder wants to lift up.

Phillip Griego

November 10th Day 9 & 10

Lesson 9: Calf Mobility
The straight leg version is quite hard for me. I cannot go straight down without bending my knees.
The bent knee version isn't too difficult.

Lesson 10: Hollow and Arch
Hollow - need to focus on keeping my lower back down, Arch - not too bad I think

Phillip Griego

November 11th Day 11

Lesson 11: Block 2 Review
Everything has improved! Especially the Stiff Bear and Calf Mobility

Luke Searra

Keep it up Phillip!