This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS/PE3 Form Check

Started by Maksis Riley, November 2, 2016 · 12 Replies · 156 Views

Maksis Riley

Started these last week. I find my reps are quite inconsistent at the moment. GB strikes again with deceptively difficult exercises.....

 

Most common issue I'm having is getting stuck half way through as with the second rep. It seems to help if I focus strongly on protracting but any other pointers and tips would be great.

 

 

Thanks all

Max

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Maksis Riley,

Looking good. Just keep working on it until you get the consistency down. Focusing on protraction is the way to go. Try being a little light on your feet when you slide. I hope this helps.

Maksis Riley

Thanks Leo, will do!

 

Max

Kai Ewert

Also think about compression. As a way to help me feel how that should feel like, I've laid on my back and tried to actively pull my straight legs or bent legs (allows you to notice things other than your hamstrings LOL) into my chest, as hard as possible. It's like a pull coming from your lower abdomen. 

Suzanna McGee

@Kai Ewert you mean sort of like supine leg raises or knee raises? Only you lift them whole way to your chest/face? Legs straight first and then you lift them up and over your chest? Arms are above your head (simulating the hanging), or on the sides of your body? 

Kai Ewert

Yes, starting as for supine leg raises, but not worrying about the first 90 degrees; instead focusing on the second 90 degrees :)

Gravity will assist, bending the legs will take the hamstrings out of the equation and you can focus just on what it should feel like if you try to maximally compress, i.e. bring the thighs to the chest.

For me this is really mostly about learning "how should it feel like in my body if I try to compress (at the end range/with those muscles that I don't know how to use yet)" not so much about strength, though I was feeling it if I tried hard and for some reps

Suzanna McGee

@Kai Ewert, coolio, I will try to think about the last part, the compression when doing this on the floor. Because otherwise it is not that difficult for me, but the compression I don't think I have been actively thinking of. Will try that soon. I think when my body finds how to do that lower abs connection/compression, it is going to be that "little secret" to many other moves :)

Kai Ewert

Yes. It should help you with both press handstand and HLLs...

Maksis Riley

So wanted to update and get myself checked on :blink:

 

It feels much better, the cue of "light feet" really helped; thanks @Leo Trinidad!

 

 

 

I'm feeling really good about the iM but will post it in case I'm missing something

 

 

 

Thanks again all

Max

Alessandro Mainente

HI Maksis, nice work on the IM you can move on.

Maksis Riley

Great, thank you Alex! Just a couple more sessions on the PE to hit 5x5 first

 

Max

Ryan Bailey

Wow. I second the iM; nice work!

Maksis Riley

Thanks Ryan, still chasing your head to toe though!!