http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/fashi ... odayspaper
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/fashi ... odayspaper
Acording to the reporter, its a new subculture... ![]()
Started by peer, January 10, 2010 · 4 Replies · 3,538 Views
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/fashi ... odayspaper
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/fashi ... odayspaper
Acording to the reporter, its a new subculture... ![]()
I´m doing pale myself (not 100% clean but trying), any way I don´t see the point of that much fasting, If you see other primates they allways keep some food at hand (leaving some meat for latero or some fruits or insects). They dont fast so much time if they can avoid it.
Omegant,
I'm not an intermittent faster myself; however there's very compelling research that shows that caloric restriction leads to longevity, both in population samples and in animal testing. The analogical comparison of humans to primates breaks down when you look at what makes up the bulk of primate diets, which is roughage that humans cannot digest in any meaningful way.
Having read the article, it's important to remember to make the distinction between caveman re-enactment ("Eat like cavemen."), and also I'd say in this case primate re-enactment ("Eat like chimpanzees in the jungle."), and trying to emulate as best as possible, under current conditions, the foods we've evolved to metabolize. Which pretty much means eliminating gluten, reducing fructose, balancing linoleic acid.
best,
jason
Jason,
Could you elaborate on what you call "balancing linoleic acid"?
Ed
Balancing omega-3 and omega-6.