This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Additional exercises for those you struggle the most

Started by Felipe Garcia Rosa, November 2, 2016 · 5 Replies · 284 Views

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hey there,

I would like to gather in one post some additional exercises for those progressions you struggle the most with, in order to make faster progress.

In my case, I have been a long time with Shrugs, incline push-ups and hollow body bent knee hold. I would begin the list as follows:

Shrugs: Protract & retract fundamentals lesson. APT and PPT fundamentals lesson. Others?

Push-ups: Protract & retract fundamentals lesson. APT and PPT fundamentals lesson. Elevation & depression fundamentals lesson. Others?

FL PE1: APT and PPT fundamentals lesson. Others?

Straddle-up: Weighted Wall Middle Split Pull, Supine Flair. Others?

How would you complete/correct this list?

Thanks,

Feli

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I would almost say just do FL/PE1 as well as incline pushups and scap shrugs with lower volume (50% of your max) on days when you don't 'perform' that exercise set (PE and iM). I don't think it's a big deal. These are PE1 elements and you're not likely to injure yourself with this. 

Everett Carroll

Hey Felipe,

How long have you been working on these movements for?

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hey Everett,

One month and a half or so. For the FL and incline pushup I ve been in last step for one month already, on the hollow I loose form after 40/50 seconds, on incline pushups after rep 13. On shrugs started on last step and went down to 6 reps and I shake a lot due to my effort to hold elbows locked, and protract and retract fully.

Everett Carroll

Hey Felipe,

Don't get discouraged. 6 weeks is not that long. I have spent MUCH longer perfecting a progression.

If you are failing or straining really hard all the time. try dropping back a step or two. Find a step that you can maintain proper form and not shake on. Spend at least a week there and then rebuild. This time will also be good for you to submit a form check for these.

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Thanks for your advice Everett, will submit a form check soon!