This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE8 Form Check

Started by Josh Shaw, November 1, 2016 · 7 Replies · 134 Views

Josh Shaw

Sucks not having the tips since the recent changes pushed this one into F2.  While I'm at the mastery level reps, I think both the PE and the mobility can use some refinement.  The PE I think I need to work on a more upright torso like the video, plus some extra practice will help the balance and control of the movement.  The mobility I think I just need to work on getting some more ROM. 

 

Also, what's the difference between posting a form check on here vs doing it through the video review link on the dashboard?  Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work Josh, i'm definitely jealous about your ankle mobility.

Josh Shaw
14 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Nice work Josh, i'm definitely jealous about your ankle mobility.

Thanks.  I've noticed a huge improvement from the front split series. 

Kai Ewert

Who am I to nag when Alessandro has given his thumbs up, but I'd agree with you that you could try to stay more upright and also would suggest you lift knee and foot simultaneously (or even the foot earlier). Both will make this harder. 

The iM looks nice, and especially the final rep(s) have enough ROM in my opinion.

Josh Shaw
2 hours ago, Kai Ewert said:

Who am I to nag when Alessandro has given his thumbs up, but I'd agree with you that you could try to stay more upright and also would suggest you lift knee and foot simultaneously (or even the foot earlier). Both will make this harder. 

The iM looks nice, and especially the final rep(s) have enough ROM in my opinion.

Good point.  I've made it a point to really try to make sure my foot and knee touch at the same time, but I guess I'm not doing the same on the way back up. 

Josh Shaw

After a couple more weeks of practice, I think I'm ready to move on.  My control on the PE feels a lot better, and my torso is definitely more upright.  Range of motion on the iM is improved as well.

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome improvement Josh!

Kai Ewert

Not to take away from what may be the closest you will ever get a forum coach to telling you you have mastered an element, if this were my own video I would make a note for next time to slow down a bit and really make sure the foot leaves the floor with or before the knee, not after. Great iM though. 

I feel this was the first SLS element I rushed in my first go through Foundation, so when I started over after reaching stagnation I decided I'd really really master this PE this time around. That's why I'm being so much of a stickler