This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Warm up for F1

Started by Ryan Segervall, November 1, 2016 · 2 Replies · 200 Views

Ryan Segervall

Hello all, 

I posted this in the general strength portal, but figured I would repost in the foundations 1 portal as it is more related to my question. Also I warn in advanced I will likely have a bunch of questions posted in this forum during the upcoming weeks as I start the Foundations 1 program. 

today I have a question in regards to warm ups in preparation for training days

When looking in the main portal where my training sessions are listed I don't see anything in regards to warm ups. I am wondering what the proper warm up should look like for a beginner foundations 1 training session. Any specific routines or Recommendations? 

thanks 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Ryan,

In regards with your warmup, if you have the Fundamentals Course then that would be your warmup prior to starting your Foundation One workout. If you have already started Foundation One and have mastered the earlier progressions then you can use the earlier progressions as a warmup for the later progressions. If you are just starting Foundation One and do not have the Fundamentals Course then a general whole body warmup would be used. (example: jumping jacks, light jog, arm rotations, squats, hip rotations, hip circles and the like) I hope this helps. 

Malcolm Watters

I usually do a 8-10 minute jog.  Do that and then the core workout and you will be plenty warm