Hello everyone,
my question is: does a planche improve shoulder health? I mean it works the Serratus Anterior to some extent, so it would be a logic conclusion that it's good for shoulder health.
What do you guys think about that?
Started by Nicolas Lukas, October 31, 2016 · 2 Replies · 2,893 Views
Hello everyone,
my question is: does a planche improve shoulder health? I mean it works the Serratus Anterior to some extent, so it would be a logic conclusion that it's good for shoulder health.
What do you guys think about that?
Hey Nicolas,
When trained correctly, planche work develops great strength and stability through the shoulder girdle and upper back. It has really helped with my serratus activation so I believe your conclusion to be correct.
As Everett said the serratus anterior are pretty developed on people who train regularly planche , serratus anterio fixes the scapulae on the rib cage and the upper arm in the socket and this function ensures a good stabilization also on front lever and handstand. Also note that planche develops the middle and lower traps, muscles that stabilize the scapulae on the spine.