This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation 1 Frequencuy

Started by Andrew Hilson, October 31, 2016 · 7 Replies · 279 Views

Andrew Hilson

I'm working through Foundation 1 and the stretch series.  While I'm pretty awful all around in terms of tightness, I am feeling good about the work I'm doing.

I get that the stretch series' aren't meant to be performed more than once per week; how often do any of you perform the core, lower body and upper body workouts?  I've been doing them once but I feel like there's a long time between respective workouts.  Waiting 7 days to work on core for example...would doing it 3 times a week help?

Any suggestions or advice welcome; I'm a soccer player with ridiculously tight everything and zero flexibility.  I used to perform crossfit as many as 4-5 times per week up until this July past.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Andrew Hilson,

If you feel that there is a long time in between the workouts then I would suggest to bump it up a little to 2x per week and let your body feel into it. Since you are just beginning the Foundation One, do not force it. It takes time to get used to it and build up volume. Make sure that you do your sets and reps properly. If you think an exercise is easy, it is best to send a video for form check. I hope this helps.

Luke Searra

@Andrew Hilson with your stretch series if you have all three you may split them up into M/W/F. As a Crossfitter this will benefit you extremely . 

Andrew Hilson
13 minutes ago, Luke Searra said:

@Andrew Hilson with your stretch series if you have all three you may split them up into M/W/F. As a Crossfitter this will benefit you extremely . 

Thanks.  I do split the 3 stretch series' truthfully the Thoracic Bridge is toughest with a lack of bars at my house.  It's the other workouts I'm thinking of.  The lower body doesn't seem to stress me much at all...

Jon Douglas

I do each 2x a week. Can do more, dont really benefit from it. Remember its not about smashing you; you don't need a world class class to exhaust you, but it does take someone who knows what they're doing to make you strong :)

Luke Searra

Great point Jon Douglas, remember Andrew that this is stretching not a workout once a week per stretch series or maximum twice a week as recommended frequency.

Andrew Hilson
34 minutes ago, Luke Searra said:

Great point Jon Douglas, remember Andrew that this is stretching not a workout once a week per stretch series or maximum twice a week as recommended frequency.

Guys, thanks for the responses but it's not the stretching I'm talking about.  I'm doing them once a week.  It's the core, lower body, and upper body.  I want to know how frequently people do these to increase capacity.  Doing 5 leg raises and 5 squats isn't really challenging and especially not if I'm only doing it once a week.  

Steven Gilmore

Hi Andrew,

I do the workouts twice a week. 4 workouts split into upper and lower/core. We're all different. If I do anymore I'm not recovered enough and could get burned out, mentally as well as physically. (I like to leave 3 days for mountain biking, hanging with the family after work etc). I need 2 to 3 days to recover and feel strong for the next workout. If I only did once per week of each, I too would feel that it's not enough. It sounds like your body and mind are asking for more.