This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE18 - Programming and depth

Started by Gavin Strelitz, October 31, 2016 · 3 Replies · 123 Views

Gavin Strelitz

Hi all,

I have just started PE18 and my question is this. How do I proceed with reps and depth? For example, assume I elevate my hands on a couple of books. Should I look to be able to complete 5 x 5 at this depth before I add another book? Or should I do less reps until I am at shoulder level depth and then work toward the full 5 x 5?

 

Thanks in advance

Leo Trinidad

Hi Gavin,

Can you please post a video for form check. The best is to finish the 5x5 mastery first before adding depth. I hope this helps.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Gavin, usually the best solution it is to divide the amount of total depth you have to reach for mastery into sub-mastery goals. On many clients and also on me this is the strategy that worked :

-the next step must be hands to shoulders in order to move on. we will consider this the gap we have to cover.

-beginning from head on the floor you should use a first depth sub-mastery. use a couple of book so that in the lower point your hands are approximately at nose level. complete the 5x5

-next phase add a couple of book so that your hands are just over the chin level. complete the 5x5 here.

at this point you will be enough strong to complete at least one full rom rep of PE19.

Gavin Strelitz

Thanks very much for the feedback Alessandro and Leo.