This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE10 (L Pull-up)

Started by Petri Widsten, October 29, 2016 · 11 Replies · 162 Views

Petri Widsten

Today I started training this element with 3x5 and 2x3 reps. The 1st video shows one of the longer sets. To me it looks ok but after the 1st rep I developed a bit of lean and because of it I couldn't pull my chest to my hands/the bar anymore. I had the same issue when I stared with the chin-up version though I still managed to pull to the bar. The 2nd vid shows my target form going forward.

 

Jon Douglas

Nicer on the second; not terrible on the first but visible yes.

I think it's because you are reaching with your neck, craning a bit, and your body is leaning and following. I'd try fixing that first.

Petri Widsten

Agreed. Shouldn't take long to figure out and adjust the form a bit. Many thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

As you can see in the first form clearly and a bit in the second (that it is better) you tend to move the shoulder backward and pulling like the beginning part of a front pull, this is a common way to bypass a lack of bicep strength. try to perform the trajectory as much as possible under the bar and not behind it.

Petri Widsten

Thank you Alessandro. I haven't tried to pull mostly with the biceps but I'll give it a go now. Not engaging the back muscles should produce a more vertical trajectory. I'll combine yours and Jon's tips to my next attempt. I assume the goal of this exercise is to develop the elbow flexors rather than the lats.

Petri Widsten

@Jon Douglas@Alessandro Mainente

This is what I got when I tried to pull with my arms only and looking straight ahead. What do you think? 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Very nice Petri, very Nice. pull the bar to the chest at the top.

Petri Widsten
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Very nice Petri, very Nice. pull the bar to the chest at the top.

Awesome, cheers Alessandro.  Yes, chest to bar, will do that.

Petri Widsten
On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:01 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Very nice Petri, very Nice. pull the bar to the chest at the top.

I'm currently training these at 5x4, trying always to pull chest to the bar without leaning back (keeping my torso vertical). Is my trajectory acceptable for mastery?

 

Leo Trinidad

Awesome progress @Petri Widsten. Just on the last rep you put your legs down without finishing the rep. Make sure you finish the rep first before puting your legs down. Also make your reps consistent, some of your reps have longer holds on top. :)

Petri Widsten
42 minutes ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Awesome progress @Petri Widsten. Just on the last rep you put your legs down without finishing the rep. Make sure you finish the rep first before puting your legs down. Also make your reps consistent, some of your reps have longer holds on top. :)

Sure, I'll keep the legs straight during the final negative phase too from now on. Sometimes I remain on the top for a while to make sure I've pulled as high as possible. Is the trajectory good otherwise (enough work done with the biceps vs lats)?

Many thanks, Leo!

Alessandro Mainente

NIce work Petri. for me it is ok, considering the shoulder grip.