This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Running Handstand 1 and Handstand 2 at the same time?

Started by Josh Earl, October 28, 2016 · 3 Replies · 199 Views

Josh Earl

Are Handstand One and Handstand Two designed to be sequential like Foundation One and Foundation Two, or can you do H1 and H2 together in parallel on different days? 

I'm just getting started with handstand work, and I was assuming that H1 was designed to be completed before you start H2.

After seeing a few mentions of doing them together, I thought I'd check.

P.S. Tried using the search feature, but it looks like the forum software ignores search terms of 3 characters or less like "H1."

Alessandro Mainente

H1 and H2 can be trained together but I highly recommend to complete at least H1 to PE7-8 and corresponding IM 7-8 so that a good shoulders mobility it is already achieved.

Josh Earl

Thanks, @Alessandro Mainente, that's helpful. I'm more than happy to wait and progress slowly—loving the focus on mastery in GST.

Jon Douglas

Within the course it also says not to go on to H2 SEs until a solid 30s hs is achieved at a minimum :) this shouldn't be an issue for most as by the time you are through the PEs your HS will likely be well established