This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2 and 3 modified headstand and PE1 im

Started by Nick Jones, October 28, 2016 · 8 Replies · 134 Views

Nick Jones

Ok you awesom lot please feel free to critique my modified headstand and my iM for PE1

As I have cervical stenosis I can no put weight through my neck hence the balancing on bumper plates. I use to do it with my hands on the floor but Hands on plates is tougher. I have been on this exercise for over a year as I have not got Mastery in the iM for PE2.

A few weeks back i realised that I was doing the iM for PE 1 incorrectly so this is why I have gone back to it and need a form check please.

Also with regards to my headstand I realise d that there a tight body line but then there is gymnastics tight body line. I was holding my headstand for as much as 3 minutes but have now gone back to 30 seconds with what a hope is a much tighter body line. My awareness of this is thanks to the advice from @Leo Trinidad @Alessandro Mainente And @Suzanna McGee who gave some form suggestions on my Pseudo Planche Push-ups 

Also I would like to know if i should supplement my modified headstand with another exercise? as I am not realy putting much weight through my hands as you would in a normal headstand maybe @Coach Sommer has a thought on this

Thanks for any advice

https://youtu.be/OjYe2DkCt1I

https://youtu.be/1OAh_iVXi-0

Suzanna McGee

I don't really have any advice (I leave it to the coaches), but just wanted to chirp in to admire your ostrich-like head/shoulder stand :) You are balancing yourself on your shoulders, right?  It feels like it must be much more difficult than head- and handstand. And you are holding it pretty nicely! Impressive.

Nick Jones

Thanks at @Suzanna McGee yes most of my weight is on my shoulders with some on my hands

Nick Jones

Hi @Leo Trinidad @Alessandro Mainente @Coach Sommer And @Wesley Tan . Have you had an opportunity to look at the above videos please. Is my iM getting there?

is my line good on my modified headstand?

Am I missing out by having little pressure in my hands due to modified headstand?

If I am missing out is there anything I could do instead?

Apologies if I ask a lot of questions it's just that I have messed around with these courses for some time but of late have made a full commitment and want to get thins perfect

 

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Nick, some more cm in the shoulder flexion are needed, so since the goal it the range of motion first, you need to scale the weight.

For the PE i would modify it by putting the hands on floor and the weight on the anterior part of the delt so that the hands position are more similar to the headstand position.

Nick Jones

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente Yes I need to bring a dowel into work, this is where I do my HS training normally. As it goes I only have access to a 7kg Barbell.

I will change the hand positioning on the headstand. I used to do them like that and transitioned to what you see in the video as the balance was harder. I will, however follow your guidance 

 

Thanks

Nick Jones

IMG_1716.JPGOk here is my new modified headstand set up that allows me to put weight into my hand. I have to have the bumper plates at a specific height so my head is clear of the ground but this meant I could not get my hands on the floor. Hence the yoga blocks. These allow me to put most plenty of weight through my hands. @Alessandro Mainente Could you check the video below please. I know my forearms are not vertical but this because I can not get my hands any farther forward due to the curve of the discs

whats your thoughts?

 

https://youtu.be/yjwPd1yRmf4

Alessandro Mainente

I like it , nice alternative.

Nick Jones

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente I shall build on this