This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A few form checks

Started by Joshua Hibbert, October 28, 2016 · 3 Replies · 101 Views

Joshua Hibbert

Just wanted to check my form on the following,

Tuck Up:  I think they are there just wanted to double check

Straight arm windmill:  Still struggling with these especially with the left arm.  I need to focus on keeping the weight above my shoulder but I also lack flexibility to get down far enough

Sideprone Lift: Ready to move on to PE2 if these have reached mastery.  I can still sometimes get cramp in my hip abductors (I think) usually in the resting side.  Should I keep going until this doesn't occur?

 

Cheers,

Josh

Alessandro Mainente

HI Josh, follows my tips:

-tuck up: PE do not bring the head too much forward, threat it as an elongation of the spine. neutral position. IM full internal rotation of the upper arm it is required and of course more dept. also when right arm it is up, you need to increase a bit the legs stance.

-SLS IM: do it ssssssssssssllooooooooooooooooowly.

 

 

 

Joshua Hibbert
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Josh, follows my tips:

-tuck up: PE do not bring the head too much forward, threat it as an elongation of the spine. neutral position. IM full internal rotation of the upper arm it is required and of course more dept. also when right arm it is up, you need to increase a bit the legs stance.

-SLS IM: do it ssssssssssssllooooooooooooooooowly.

 

 

 

Thanks for your reply.

Tuck Up: I will work on this over the coming weeks.

SAW: I will try widening my stance to see if that improves my depth.  What do you mean internally rotated shoulder?  Does this mean that my palm is facing the same way at the top as the bottom?  Forward?

SLS IM:  I noticed I was a little bit quick on these.  It just seems to happen when I am trying to keep up with the follow along videos.  Is the range of motion sufficient for mastery or do I need to create more angle?  I have added these to my daily limber and they will stay there for a while longer even if I move onto the next SLS progression.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Exactly. the position of the palm at the bottom and at the top are the same.

For the SLS the rom it is enough.