This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic bridge form check please

Started by Nick Jones, October 27, 2016 · 12 Replies · 175 Views

Nick Jones

IMG_1602.PNG

I do this once a week I struggle with some of the exercises but here you go what do you think.

my shoulder flexion is poor but improving . This is holding my HS 1 progress back at the moment

Whats your thoughts on how much extension I am getting in my thoracic spine or am too much lumbar spine

Any advice much appreciated 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Nick your shoulder flexion it is better than what you think, you need more thoracic extension. I would elevate the feet for sure in your case.

Nick Jones

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente In practice I always do the bridge feet elevated but I do like to end the series with a test or measure of where I am.

 

as always thanks again

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Nick,

That's not a bad idea, nice job. Can you also post a video of yourself doing this exercise with the feet elevated so that we can give you more specific corrections?

Nick Jones

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner thanks for the encouragement. I would Normally only bridge once a week when I follow the series. Should I wait to record it then or do you want me to post the elevated bridge before that?

thanks 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Nick,

You can go ahead and take the video the next time you go through the TB series

Nick Jones

https://youtu.be/WLJmKXFbs5o

 

@Jeffrey Bittner here is my elevated bridge for you critique please. So much easier since I had my wall bars on the weekend. Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Not bad Nick, try to extend the legs , but be sure to begin with the legs at the edge of the stallbar (I mean to perform a straddle bridge).

Nick Jones

Ok @Alessandro Mainente Will do. Can I ask, out of curiosity, what the purpose is for that?

Alessandro Mainente

do you mean straddling? it is easier for the spine to extend when lower limbs are separated, nothing more.

Nick Jones

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente that's very interesting. Thanks again much appreciated 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Nick,

Nothing really to add to Alex comment, but it's great to see you working hard. Keep it up!

Nick Jones

Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner And thanks again @Alessandro Mainente Much appreciated