This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Breakfast

Started by Bernard Colson, October 27, 2016 · 3 Replies · 145 Views

Bernard Colson

On the Breakfast Protein lesson in Nutrition, the host says "this will be the last thing we add to breakfast." In a prior lesson, we reviewed breakfast fat. Does this mean that we should not be eating any form of carbohydrate for breakfast? I find that I feel a lot better all morning if I eat a little bit of oatmeal with breakfast.

Also, I am 6'7" 235 lbs and would call myself active. How many eggs can I eat with breakfast without having some issues with cholesterol (or any other issues)? Right now I eat 2 eggs, 1 banana and about 1/4 cup of oatmeal in addition to my coffee (with cream and 1 tsp sugar).

Ideally this question is for someone at GB, but I am also curious about what works for other members.

Ryan Bailey
43 minutes ago, Bernard Colson said:

On the Breakfast Protein lesson in Nutrition, the host says "this will be the last thing we add to breakfast." In a prior lesson, we reviewed breakfast fat. Does this mean that we should not be eating any form of carbohydrate for breakfast?

Excellent deductive reasoning.

Jeff Serven

The only member that breakfast would work for is a 12 year old girl. Eat some food big man! 

What is your CHO level? Do you actually have a concern or just read that eggs are high in it?

I second Ryans post. 

 

Bernard Colson

I've never had a major problem with cholesterol. Sometimes my HDL is a little bit low, but the LDL is never too high.

I'm actually pretty happy with the volume of food, I'm just wondering about altering the mix a little bit.