This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Very odd question

Started by Mark Carter, October 27, 2016 · 4 Replies · 213 Views

Mark Carter

OK, this is going to sound odd but I thought I'd throw it out there. 

After a morning workout I feel, for lack of a better word, "bloated" most of the day. But my belt loop doesn't change. 

Is it possible my "core" (as Coach defines the term) is "pumped" similar to the old bi's and tri's days?

Alessandro Mainente

Sorry Mark I do not understand the question.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

"Muscle pump" is common for any muscle group after a workout is completed. 

Just for the sake of information, for anyone that does already know...

1. DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) is the soreness you feel the next day.

2. Acute Muscle Soreness is the soreness you feel as you workout and goes away after a few minutes rest.

Adam Porter

Interesting, Mark.

My partner would always say the same thing. I can't be certain that he was experiencing the same thing you are, as he'd always say that the bloating felt so bad that he felt like he was going to throw up." ...even after only moderate exercise (almost regardless of what muscle groups and/or cardio that was done).

I wish he would've stuck with it some more, to find out what the issue was. Unfortunately, he stopped exercising completely, to alleviate the issue.

Erik Rissanen

I feel like this from training. Muscles feel a bit swollen and stiff later in the day, but not really uncomfortable, just there reminding me that they exist and are tired.